SAKOR Technologies offers systems for testing a variety of alternative energy technologies, including turbines and generators powered by wind and tidal energy, and also fuel cells. Our flexible, adaptable test systems are capable of testing individual components of alternative energy systems, even when the complete system may not yet be in place. Customers can configure and purchase a single testing system that will carry them from the earliest engineering stages through final performance and durability evaluation. Such a system:
- Saves space
- Reduces testing costs significantly
- Is more efficient, compressing testing time
- Produces data that is reproducible through all project phases and is unaffected by different calibration among testing systems
SAKOR Technologies AccuDyne™ AC Motoring Dynamometer System can be used to test the mechanical performance of turbines and generators, performing both laboratory profiles and true simulation of real-world operating conditions. Since it is a true 4-quadrant, motoring dynamometer, customers can use the AccuDyne to test the two halves of the system, turbine and generator, under realistic conditions but while in a controlled laboratory setting. They can begin by measuring the mechanical turbine, then drive the generator to accurately measure the power produced, and finally monitor performance characteristics of the turbine and generator working together.
Developing and Validating Control Strategies
The combination of the AccuDyne AC dynamometer with SAKOR’s DynoLAB Test Cell Supervisory System provides the unique ability to simulate real-world conditions in the laboratory. The system can therefore be used to design, develop, and verify control strategies of each subsystem as well as the complete product before beginning expensive field testing. The system can:
- Conduct complex simulations to develop control strategies.
- Record data on wind and weather conditions and play them back to test the system over and over again, without having to rely on actual conditions.
- Compress the time it takes to test components, because you don’t have to wait for the weather to cooperate.
- Communicate between the controller and other smart devices.
- Test algorithms proposed for use in the controller.
- Conduct end-of-line production tests to ensure devices are coming off the manufacturing line correctly.